Pajaro Dunes


Pajaro Dunes
Watercolor

This past summer, I spent a few days on the California coast at the lovely Pajaro Dunes beach. I found it to be a delightful place; in the mornings, before the fog had burned off - there was a wonderful calm to walking along the shore. In this painting, I wanted to capture the glow of breaking light that comes with determination through the fog, and the lavender cast of the waves washing off the sand.


Pajaro Dunes Afternoon
Watercolor

One sundrenched late afternoon at Pajaro Dunes, I set out for a walk along the beach. Through a narrow opening in the dunes leading to the beach, I saw a woman and her child enjoying a quiet moment on the sand. Instead of taking that walk, I set up my easel and began a painting of the Pacific, the dunes, and the charming pair.


Comments